Our Best Answer - Do I need to take an assessment test?
Assessment Tests Exemptions
It depends on several things. If you already have a college degree from a U.S. college or university, you don't need to be assessed. If you have already taken an assessment test at a California community college and have the scores, we can use those scores to accurately place you. Likewise, if you have taken English, Reading or Math classes at another college, we can review your transcript (even unofficial copies) and place you based on previous coursework. Finally, if you are only here to take a class in some area other than English, Reading or Math, you may not need to take the assessment. However, most students are required to complete assessment tests during their first semester at Mission College. There is no charge, and we’ll usually use the higher of your current assessment result or prior test or coursework.
Visit the Assessment Center for more information.
You May Be Interested In:
- What are the health requirements to attend?
- Where do I sign up for an assessment test?
- Do I need to complete tests such as the SAT or ACT in order to apply to a university?
- How do I clear a prerequisite?
- Do you offer English as a Second Language (ESL) classes?