Our Best Answer - Do I have to declare a major before transferring? Can I change my major after I transfer?
For the UC system you will need to declare a major. Each campus and each major has its own policy regarding changing majors so you will need to check with a university representative.
For impacted programs, most campuses will not let you switch to the impacted program after transferring. For the CSU system you may transfer without declaring a major. To be admitted to impacted programs, however, you must apply to the program. The CSU system strongly encourages students to declare a major by the time they have 75 (semester) units earned.
You May Be Interested In:
- What degrees are offered?
- How do you change your degree?
- What are the admission requirements?
- How do I clear a prerequisite?
- Can I transfer after completing only the General Education requirements, without the lower-division major requirements?