Ask Mission College!

To get started, type a question in the box below using plain English. For example: "How do I apply to MC?"

Our Best Answer - Do I have to declare a major before transferring? Can I change my major after I transfer?

For the UC system you will need to declare a major. Each campus and each major has its own policy regarding changing majors so you will need to check with a university representative.

For impacted programs, most campuses will not let you switch to the impacted program after transferring. For the CSU system you may transfer without declaring a major. To be admitted to impacted programs, however, you must apply to the program. The CSU system strongly encourages students to declare a major by the time they have 75 (semester) units earned.

You May Be Interested In:

Are you satisfied with your answer?